The Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality of the Netherlands has three representative offices in China: at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Beijing and at the Consulates General in Shanghai and Hong Kong.
The activities of the offices are among others:
- Provide information on agricultural policies, programs and activities of the Netherlands Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality.
- Assist the local agri-business sector and other organizations in providing adequate, current and accurate information on Dutch agricultural practices, processes, trade contacts, legislation and products or research information.
- Assist Dutch suppliers or organizations in developing new contacts or organizational networks by providing relevant business information.
- Promote the marketing of Dutch agricultural technology and products by organizing trade fairs, seminars and missions.
- Liaise with Hong Kong and Chinese Ministries as well as other institutions, particularly on agricultural matters affecting trade and investments, prevention and eradication of animal diseases, rural development and biodiversity.
Together with Dutch companies the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality has established an office to support the dairy sector, the so called Netherlands Agri Business Support Office (NABSO) in Kunming. Go to the NABSO website.
Mr. Robbie Wang
Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Room 2402, 24/F Great Eagle Centre
23 Harbour Road
Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2599 9227
Fax: (852) 2868 5388