Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency
The NFIA (Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency) is an operational unit of the ministry of Economic Affairs. The NFIA helps and advises foreign companies on the establishment, rolling out and/or expansion of their international activities in the Netherlands. Furthermore, the NFIA focuses on the promotion of the Netherlands abroad as a country with an attractive investment and business climate, and it plays an active role in maintaining that.
The NFIA targets all foreign companies that want to establish themselves or expand their activities in Europe, and for which the Netherlands can be a suitable location. In the 30 years of its existence, the NFIA has supported more than 2,500 companies from 40 countries in the setting up and/or expansion of their international activities in the Netherlands. These include Bombardier, Starbucks Coffee, Boeing, Eastman Chemical, Cisco Systems, Bosch, RWE, Danone, Hitachi, Samsung, Daewoo, Saudi Aramco, Tata Consultancy Services and SABIC.
The services and support that the NFIA can offer foreign organizations include:
- Fast and confidential provision of up-to-date information on the Netherlands, Dutch legislation and regulations, and possible incentives from the Dutch government
- Personal guidance with e.g. searching and visiting potential investment locations
- Bringing foreign organizations in contact with relevant business partners and government bodies
- Contribution to the maintenance and improvement of the investment climate
- Concrete solutions that simplify and optimize location in the Netherlands
The NFIA has local offices in the United Kingdom, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United States, Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, India, Singapore and Malaysia, as well as a representative office in Brazil. In addition, the NFIA works together with Dutch embassies, consulates-general, and other organizations that represent the Dutch government abroad, such as Netherlands Business Support Offices (NBSOs) and Technical Scientific Attachés (TWAs in Dutch), as well as with a broad network of domestic partners.
More information: www.nfia.nl
As of September 1, 2011, the NFIA activities in Hong Kong and Macau will continue to be coordinated by the NFIA Southern China office based in the Consulate-General of The Netherlands in Guangzhou. For investment inquiries, your new contact person will be:
Mr. Raymond Rui
Officer Investment Promotion - Southern China